Urban Tribe Season Ends with a Bang
The Chicago Urban Tribe finished their season with a big win over Emmit’s last week plating a season high 29 runs on 34 hits. They ended strong with a record of 5-2 and a third place finish. The final game was a bit of a massacre with just too much to record for a complete post. Instead, the team sat around the bar at Union Park and came up with the following Top 10 Moments from last week’s game.
Top 10 Moments from the Game
- 10 Lindsay was a net in the field catching everything hit her way
- 9 Architect hits for the cycle
- 8 Gabby brings the baby that doesn’t blink
- 7 Joggler’s base running gaff where he got flopped on the ground & put out at 3rd
- 6 Margaret’s “blazing” speed around the bases
- 5 Brewmaster’s line shot that hits the pitcher in the gut
- 4 Jim Gould swinging & missing to strike out
- 3 Christine catching the final out
- 2 Ryan going 5 for 5 with 5 runs scored
- 1 John Kelly diving grab in center field
Of course, the number one moment of this game & possibly the entire season…
*** Ditka hurdling the ball to make it safely into third ***
Congratulations to everyone for a great season! Check out this page for a complete wrap-up of the season’s stats. John Kelly wins the batting race with an average of .813
But now is the time to forget about the regular season. This is crunch time. The playoffs! It is time for the Urban Tribe to finally ascend the ranks to become the rightful owners of the title, The Greatest Kickball Team in the History of the League.
Are you ready!! Let’s do it.